Sunday, March 29, 2009

My new Friends




Sometimes smallest of incidence makes such an impact that it helps you evolve as a better person.

One such incident happened with me lately which moved me to the core and made me realize how ungrateful and ignorant I still am.

AID helped me discover this new person in me who craves for affection of little kids.It made me realize the value of small things in life which I had often ignored. How fortunate I am to have such good parents who have cosseted me and protected me from hardships of life.

I'm astounded to see how excited these kids are about learning when they are deprived of basic necessities of life. Hope, confidence and optimism keeps them going and gives them strength.

Thus, these children are growing, both in body and in mind and I feel proud to be their new friend whom they have started liking(i guess :P).

Its so refreshing to be with them that after 2 hours instead of getting dull I am again full of energy. I went there as a teacher but instead I am learning, this is my new found happiness and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience. I hope to live up to their expectations.

I feel alive again.

1 comment: