Thursday, October 8, 2009

Not just a Room :) :)





This one's out of blue
coz i m missing my hostel room
its yellow-orange walls
with pink and purple curtains
a set of lovely pictures
thrown on a chair my favourite shawl


the long corridoors
and curvy stairs
shouting each other's names
even when sittin next door


i remember cribbing about my room
when some lizard used to crawl up on my wall
but those were some days
even if it meant waking up all nite long
just to shove her away along the hall


Oiling each other's hair and making braids
clicking stupid pictures any time of the day
running to hide heaters when warden was on round
begging for maggi frm top floor to down

Watchin t-20 world cup in a single room
shouting hard on yuvraj's sixes
or when India finally won the cup
pushing everyone just to catch a glimpse
calculating runs n overs on finger tips

Crying over unfinished quotas
or lost manuals at the last moment
searching for patients all over the town
seeing faces with never ending frowns
my last resort was always my room


Cant help feeling nostalgic today
it took me 6 hrs to put wallpapers that day
Life moves on so do we
but my hostel room will always be a part of me





No comments:

Post a Comment