Friday, April 30, 2010

Days of Darkness

Tuesday was the fateful day when I finally got operated. I wasn't apprehensive, as I have seen many operations and surgeries before but there was an element of surprise as I wasn't aware about the procedure.

After waiting for almost 1.5 hour I was taken to the OT and put under the gaze of high beam yellow lights. I dunno for how long I was there but it seemed like an eternity to me.

When i came out, my vision was blurred and my Dad gave me my precious Rayban sunglasses to cover my eyes :P. Well in the time of need, my aviators were practically uselss.

It was pretty hazy that day, lot of pain and headache with continuous watering. On top of it, a dark room, with no Tv, no books and no Laptop..argghh!!!

For someone like me who believes in multitasking and doing 100 things a day, sitting idle was a curse. So i slept, slept and slept for hours. (it gave me a backache for sure).

Next day was almost similar except that I was visited by a few relatives. Well I won't be ungrateful and say that why the hell they came and bitched about their daughter-in laws when the main purpose of the visit was to inquire about my well being. So 3 hours of constant bickering gave me nothing but a severe headache and  jaw ache (from constant smiling) and neck ache ( from constant nodding).

I thought I will go crazy. Two days of doing nothing was bad enough, so I went totally bezserk and saw two Pierce Brosnan movies back to back that resulted in a headache again. (btw I saw Laws of Attraction and The Thomas Crown Affair).

I spent the third day wallowing in self pity coz of some bad dream. I looked like a miniature version of Sabrina from Hell. I cudn't stop crying and as a result i had a tiff with my brother which resulted in more crying. I was irritable as hell and just felt like killing someone.

So today was the fourth day. I had got up with swollen eyes and a bad headache. I didn't talk to anyone since morning and was as irritable as I was yesterday. I finally got my laptop back and came online.
11 more days to go before my so called house arrest would be over. When would I be able to wash my face and look like Sabrina from Heaven.When would I be able to go out in the Sun and work again. When will I be happy again..till then its me and my dark room (I have been asked not to watch TV by my mom, I didnt know she had a strict bone in her body)

Just to add, I hate my cell phone too. My doc said that I can resume watching Tv and other activities within limits. (he forgot to define those limits :P). I do realise what a bad patient I have been.

3 comments:

  1. Get well soon Prachi.... i know u got the good
    news from Vipra :))

    We have a new project to run & adopt more govt. schools....so stop watching TV & do what the doc
    tell's u....meditate..or something ...lol.. :D :D

    Tc. of u r self..

    ReplyDelete
  2. take care and get well soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I think I'm like a month late on this, hope you're all fine by now.

    ReplyDelete