Sunday, April 25, 2010

Music to my ears!

I was cleaning my room yesterday (my mom was shell shocked :P) and  found my guitar lying on the top of my almira.

I tried to play wat i learnt around an yr back but couldn't. I just remembered some chords and 1-2 songs but nothing substantial. I blame my lack of practise for that.

When i bought the guitar, the only song i was interested in learning was Mora Saiyaan from Fuzon. After a few classes, Sahib agreed to teach me (coz of my persistent bickering). It was tough, but amazing.

I remember when I was in college, I used to lay awake for hours at night and listened to this song over n over again. There are songs like these that hook you up and you go crazy listening to them.

Another such song was Saiyaan by Kailash Kher. A sheer coincidence was that whenever it rained they used to play this song on the radio.

Radio had its own charm during my college days. As we didn't have access to net and i hardly watched tv, the only source of entertainment was Radio.

104.8Fm was particularly my fav for its show "Between the Sheets". I liked the station coz of its no-nonsense approach. The show was all about picking up a sensitive/personal topic and discussing it. I never called but loved hearing so many people shared different views.

Sunday morning @11am there was a show on 104.8 that used to play only old hindi songs. I am a sucker for old hindi bollywood songs.

"Wicked Hour" @1am on 102.6 Fm is again one of my favourites. They play everything from Classic Rock to Alternative to Pop to Country. And they still take messages from the listeners, though sms'es have replaced letters.

There are days when you feel nostalgic about those good'ol days when life was so simple and laid back. When you could do all those small, silly things.

Pheww!! The moral of the story is "Don't clean your room or you will risk your memory coming back" :P

2 comments:

  1. tags : guitar, rock, nostalgia, dosti, chester-mikey

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best things in life come in threes, like friends, dreams, and memories

    ReplyDelete